It's OK, I'd be grumpy too if I didn't own a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poster.

Friday, August 8, 2014

Saskatchewan!

We went to Saskatchewan. Yup, we packed out bags and went away for three days. It was nice, getting to see some new things (and some very familiar things, just in a different province.)

Saskatchewan is similar to Alberta, only different. It is flatter in parts, and has more antelope. Also, less people and larger fields and more old boarded up buildings.


Knowing virtually nothing about the topography of Saskatchewan, I naturally assumed that it was (as the stereo-type claims) completely flat. This however is not the case. Saskatchewan has lumps, bumps, valleys, and most interestingly: Sand hills.





The whole point of going to Saskatchewan was to go to Moose Jaw and take a tour of the tunnls. Any may I just say, eight hours on the road to get there was well worth it! The tunnel tours were fantastic! There are two options to choose from, the Gangster Bootlegger tour and the Chinese Immigrant tour. We took both, one after another. In my humble opinion the Gangster tour was better, but I`m biased because I love fedoras and secret passage ways. ;) 

Before we started the drive home we stopped in Rouleau, and took a few pictures of the Corner Gas set. It was really fabulous being there, but rather sad....
The set!

Mom bought us ice cream (:

Cop Car!

 
Sam and I

Sam and Johanna

I LOVE how the grain elevator still says Dog River.

No comments:

Post a Comment